Every company has a brand to manage, and Digital Asset Management technology can help significantly here. "Basic Brand Management" is the first — and perhaps most foundational — use case in RSG's newly-updated roster of vendor evaluation criteria.
Basic Brand Library
Corporate communications and marketing departments use a basic brand library to store and find common brand elements, logos, style guides, documentation, and perhaps finished pieces. You may share those assets with both internal teams and external agencies and partners. In some instances, you may focus on a single asset type, such as cataloging all logos or online banner ads.
Simple brand management requires basic metadata support, basic packaged transformations to provide approved renditions for various media, security to control asset access and visibility, elemental deduping to limit brand dilution, and a simple folder structure to facilitate navigation and search across brands.
You may also need basic website integration — perhaps via asset URL reference — that supports presenting specific images or brochures in pages on a corporate website or extranet. In these cases, tracking the "where used" relationship, determining which brands and logos are used, is handy — though our research confirms that too few vendors support this.
- Manufacturing companies
- Retail, hospitality, and consumer product companies
- Marketing-oriented health care organizations, like specialized hospitals
- Companies with national or global brands
- Corporate and traditional marketing departments
- Individual brands within large multi-brand company
- Large multi-brand companies that need multiple brand portals
- Ad agencies
- Nonprofits and academic institutions with logos and related assets
Is Basic Brand Management one of your scenarios?
Other Posts in This Series
- Basic Brand Management (you are here)
- Multilingual Brand Management (coming soon)
Marketing Asset Management:
- Advertising & Marketing Asset Management (coming soon)
- Product Asset Management (coming soon)
- Integrated Marketing Content Hub (coming soon)
Enterprise Asset Management:
- Work-in-Progress Creative Management (coming soon)
- Photo / Asset Library (coming soon)
- Media-based Knowledge Management (coming soon)
- Highly-regulated Environment (coming soon)
- Digital+Print Publishing (coming soon)
- Periodical & Catalog Production (coming soon)
Video & Audio Management:
- Media Library Review & Approval (coming soon)
- Media Editing & Assembly (coming soon)