Advisory: 2013 Portals and Content Integration Marketplace Analysis
Please note: You must be subscribed to the Portals research stream(s) to download this advisory. Please log in if you're subscribed to any of those research streams. Otherwise, see subscription details here.
Despite many predictions for the demise of enterprise portal technology, this class of technology has not gone away; in fact, portal and portal-like capabilities remain relevant for many specific business scenarios. Key portal capabilities include the ability to:
• Aggregate content and applications
• Integrate across applications
• Provide a unified user interface to multiple — often disparate — applications
• Support a unified web application development platform
• Personalize content and services
• Deploy a framework for publishing dynamic pages
• Provide user and identity management services
As a result, portal platforms can play an important role within broader enterprise architectures.
This briefing offers a snapshot of trends in the current marketplace, as well as a comparative analysis of the relative risks associated with each portal and content integration vendor via The Real Story Group “Reality Check” chart.